Monday, April 14, 2014

Yackity yack


Yackity Yack

 

 

     Have you ever left a conversation and thought to yourself, “me and my big mouth?”

      I must admit that I love to tell stories and monopolize a conversation. In my excitement though, I rarely think before I talk. This is when I have to take out my giant shoe horn and remove my foot from my mouth.

     I love Proverbs 17:28, it says, “Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent.” It gives me a little hope; I sure wish I would think of it before I opened my mouth. I raised two teenage daughters and I quoted this verse to them often. I used to tell them, “Sometimes it’s better to just leave things unsaid.” This was usually after the damage was done then the shoe horn became community property.

     My new adventure is one of a quieter nature. I decided that it was not necessary for me to tell a story to everyone I met. If I got interrupted I was not allowed to finish what I was saying unless someone specifically asked me to. (This was the hardest of all; I dare you to try it). I also decided I needed to think of what I was going to say, so I didn’t have to feel bad later. I would stay positive.

Don’t get me wrong, I still talk plenty, this is how I am made, but not having to use that shoehorn sure feels good.
 
Proverbs 10:19
When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.


We three beauties have often shared the communal shoe horn over the years, thankfully we are using it less and less.



2 comments:

  1. O Ang, no wonder we all love you, and I think you should ..um...dare I say it...okay...give lessons on that how to think first!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great picture of you three! I live and breath sanguines in my family so I get interrupted all the time and feel quite lucky when I get to finish what I was saying! Love my sanguines:)

    ReplyDelete