Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Trouble can be like spider webs...

There is nothing like a spider to get me moving and make me look like a crazy woman spinning out of control. I know they have a purpose in this world but I want nothing to do with them. I've had a few undesirable run-ins with those horrible hairy creatures over the years and would prefer they keep their distance.
 I once had one flicked at me by someone who thought they were being funny only to discover minutes later that it went right into my mouth! Spiders taste horrible by the way. I also had one run from the front of my bathrobe straight into my mouth! I felt the hair of his creepy little legs on my tongue and I quickly spit him across the room. I breathed one up my nose when I was at work and he bit me that was embarrassing to say the least. My nose and eyes watered so much that my mascara made me look like someone from an eighties Goth band. I have done the “spider web dance” a number of times. You know, screaming, twirling, arms flailing till you think it’s all gone only to find the spider in your hair minutes later. It’s just embarrassing.
Spiders are like those annoying trials that come into our lives. We are just living life, minding our own business and –Bam- suddenly we've walked into a web of troubles.
We all endure temptations and trials. There are no lucky ones that get to live life carefree or without struggles. Even Jesus had troubles but knew his Father was with him.
John 16:33 says, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
 Thankfully, we can have peace even in the midst of great trials. We can rest and be assured that God will not let you be tempted too much and promises a way to escape. Sometimes things don’t happen the way we want them to. The situation may feel all consuming but God is faithful and loving and he always provides a way of escape.
1 Corinthians 10:13 says,  “You are tempted in the same way that everyone else is tempted. But God can be trusted not to let you be tempted too much, and He will show you how to escape from your temptations.”





No comments:

Post a Comment