Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Get used to it, this is where I belong.

What’s my purpose?

  What's my purpose in this world? Have you ever asked yourself this question? I have asked it many times. I have mulled this over in my mind trying to come up with some amazing answer only to feel a bit disappointed with my lack luster, ordinary life.
   I think we all may feel this way from time to time, not measuring up, constantly in competition to be recognized or appreciated. There always seems to be someone that out performs, out thinks, out wits or out shines us. I used to think if I were born in a different time things might be different, at least I wouldn't feel so inadequate in this micro wave, technological, beauty conscious world. Of course the thought of no makeup, no hair products and having babies at home slaps me right back to the happy present.

Acts 17:26-28 says, “And He made from one, (common origin, one source and one blood) all nations of men to settle on the face of the earth, having definitely determined their allotted periods of time and the fixed boundaries of their habitation. So that they should seek God in the hope that they might feel Him and find Him, although He is not far from each of us. For in Him we live, and move and have our being; as even some of your own poets have said, for we are also His offspring.”

   When I finally accepted the truth that I was made for this time and for the sole purpose of seeking and enjoying him, it made life seem a little easier. It’s not that I don’t look to improve myself or reach higher goals; I just can’t let the world’s standards decide how important I am.
   As I seek him I change for the better. As I change I make a difference in my world by simply touching those around me with his love. Isn't that what we all want anyway, to feel like we are making a difference and are loved?

 
I am sure I could manage this, possibly.




3 comments:

  1. You make me smile, then chuckle out loud while watching another BBC murder mystery. You've got talent my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. The first two paragraphs... Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. read this just now for the first time...again...1st 2 paragraphs really spoke to me tonight

    ReplyDelete