Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Nashville in July

Southern experience

Nashville in July is HOT! My best friend and I flew to Nashville for a conference. We were both so excited because we had never been to Tennessee before. We were having a great time doing a little sight seeing. We walked down the main strip and it was HOT! We took a bus that that gave us a tour of the town and it was HOT! We walked to the Grand OL Opry, sat in tiny little bench chairs in the nose bleed section and I was HOT! 
   On our last day of shopping we hopped on a bus and headed back to the hotel. We were tired, sweaty and our make up no longer graced our face but gently ran down our necks in beige and pink beads of sweat. Before we knew it, the driver stopped and picked up a man that was visibly drunk.  The man followed us where ever we went on the bus so we finally sat in the front few rows near the driver.
    I could keep an eye on that man by watching his reflection in the glass windows of the buildings we passed. As we drove farther, we passed by a big brick building with no windows, when we came to the next window I noticed he was gone! I turned to ask my friend where he went and there he was, in the seat right next to me, beer breath and all! 
    How he moved that fast or that quiet I don’t know but my reaction surprised even me. I yelled and gave the man a quick shove, which landed him on the floor of the bus. When I buzzed for the driver to stop the bus he acted like he had no idea what was going on so we walked the rest of the way in the heat. 
     Life can give some pretty scary surprises sometimes but God is our always present help in times of trouble. I am thankful that God was watching out for me. I will put my trust in my Lord I know He is my helper.
Psalms 118:6, 7 says, “The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies.”



1 comment:

  1. I yelled and gave the man a quick shove, which landed him on the floor of the bus...hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete