Monday, November 18, 2013

Meet Dave, The Artistic Buddy

   Closest to me in age, Dave was the perfect play mate. He is only a year older than me but if you ask him he will tell you it is actually thirteen months.
   We were definitely partners in crime and had loads of fun. He, of coarse, was always Godzilla and I was the screaming Japanese running down the road. He was The Creature from The Black Lagoon and I was the helpless swimmer in the neighbors pool. We made blanket forts, danced to Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons in the living room (he was the king of the double arm swing and the white man overbite), we tore up the neighborhood in our black boot, steel wheeled roller skates, and I fit perfectly on the handle bars of our super boss bike with the banana seat and twenty six inch sissy bar.
    He has this great finesse with kids, they absolutely love him. Having seven kids himself, I know there were plenty of fun times building Lego villages, playing video games, and wrestling on the floor. He's really just a big kid at heart and his kindness and broad smile draws those little people to him. 
    Dave has always been great at drawing and entertained us with his action hero comic strips as we grew up. Little did we know this fun entertainment would develop and he is now a very talented artist.
   Having such a fun play friend growing up makes me wish the years did not fly by so fast. Maybe someday, with the curtains closed, we can put the vinyl on the hi-fi, crank up the volume and dance to Big Girls Don't Cry, till the sun comes up. That would be so BOSS.




This is the suave Dave of olden days, nice pose right?


 
 This is the Dave I know today, hmmm, is that because of seven kids?
 
                                                                                           
Here's a little artistic example.
 
 

 The Family, hmmm, where is Anna Lisa?

1 comment:

  1. I don't have as much experience with Dave, as I do his son, Davey. When I saw that 2nd pic I laughed out loud cause it looks just like a pose Davey would make. Like father like son

    ReplyDelete