Monday, November 4, 2013

Meet number two- Kar Krazy Ken

Second in line of the fabulous five is my brother Ken. The only way I can think of to describe him is " tough as nails, soft as butter."  He left  home at the age of fourteen, and we often wondered if he would make it to twenty. To say he is a bit of a dare devil is putting it mildly. For as long as I can remember he loves cars and he loves driving fast. I learned early on that if he offered me a ride anywhere to respond "NO thank you,  I choose life." He is a very talented mechanic and could probably tear apart and reassembled a car blindfolded.  I've spent most my life scratching my head at his antics and  not understanding his need for speed. I'm not sure what the count is to date but he has had more than his share of crashes and survived them unscathed.  Proof of his lifetime passion is seen in his scarred up knuckels and his permanently greasy fingernails. As a young girl I watched him do amazing things like open beer bottles with his teeth and tattoo his own body with a needle, thread and a bottle of Indigo ink. when you get past the exasperating rough and tumble, you see the soft, butter side. As tough as he is, he harbors no shame in crying at a movie or sappy commercials.  He loves his family dearly and would be first in line at our  defense. I dont know how many times I have felt like slapping him silly only to have my heart melted when, with  tears in his eyes, he says," I love ya sis." It can be quite frustrating. I have to admit I spend a lot more time praying for him than I used to. He loves to laugh and generally loves life, but its certainly on his terms.

1 comment: