Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bad Habits

   I have to admit I have a few bad habits. Besides the usual ones like over eating and under exercising, procrastination, talking too much, not reading directions and when I do read directions not following them, I am a spontaneous buyer. I love a sale. It usually doesn't matter what it is, if its on sale I feel empowered and its hard to resist. Buyers remorse then sets in and I am left feeling ridiculous and broke. Once I bought a live animal trap because it was  hugely discounted, what in the world was I going to use an animal trap for?! That one goes down in the log of shame along with the oxygen weight loss video (breath your way to a skinnier you) and the "happily paint your walls in one stroke" painting system. (painting never makes me happy)
   When I became a grandma it really got out of control. At one point when Olivia was three she had fourteen pairs of shoes and both grandkids have owned at least three winter coats at one time.
   I recently took a trip to the local "everything mart" and was excited to find another great deal, pickled sausages.  I loved those little sausages and they bring back memories of  pregnancy cravings I had thirty years ago. I picked up my GALLON jar of sausages and tried to slyly tuck them under my arm. I have to admit I was a little embarrassed to walk around the store with a gallon jar of pickled sausages under my arm, but I plunked my money on the counter, avoided eye contact with the cashier and left for home.
   No sooner had I left the store when buyers remorse set in. What in the world was I going to do with a gallon of pickled sausages? I saved sixteen dollars but I still spent twenty dollars on PICKLED SAUSAGE!! 
   I returned them an hour later, still trying to avoid eye contact with the cashier, and I put my money back where it belonged. The fact that I returned them gives me hope that I will someday not succumb to those urges. In the meantime feel free to drop me hints about your kids' sizes or what your favorite treat is, you never know when they might come on sale.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, this made me laugh probably more than it should have, but only because I'm in the exact same boat as you! Did you ever buy a Florida vacation over the phone for $99, airfare NOT included? I HAVE! The revo-styler... bought it. The bump-It... bought it. Oh I have many a shameful purchase in my past ;) (Can't say I've ever bought a gallon of pickled sausages though - they sound kinda gross!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these are funny you two! My biggest mortification..I once tried to save money by calling a hotel in Mexico to book direct...practiced my Spanish for 'how much' for days. Hung up in shame when they answered me very nicely in .....Spanish. Long distance call big $...not knowing what they were saying back to me?.. Big Stoooo-pid-o!

    ReplyDelete