Friday, March 21, 2014

Working on a better me.


Where are the Endorphins?

 

I have to admit I’m not an exercise enthusiast. Actually, I don’t enjoy it at all. You can try to disguise it all you want but if it feels like exercise it probably won’t happen happily. I’ve tried a lot of programs with those super happy, over energized trainers. I can hear them in my sleep! Promises of a slender body and more energy tug at my mind in hopes of a little motivation. I am still waiting for those tranquilizing and pain killing endorphin hormones to do their job.

  I think I read somewhere that your brain releases endorphins if you eat chocolate. Now there’s a program I can get on board with.

I don’t say this because I am anti-exercise; we all need to keep in balance and I’m trying to figure that all out, but I am convinced that it is more important to  exercise your spirit and mind. By meditating on the Word of God, we strengthen the "heart muscle" and learn to forgive. You can increase your stamina and patience through prayer. Build and strengthen “church body” muscles by helping others and encouraging them. Feel the tranquilizing and pain killing “endorphins” of the Holy Spirit and the peace God brings with a loving relationship with him. It’s really a great program. Development in God’s program is assurance, for both the present life and the life to come.

1 Timothy 4:7,8

“Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather train yourself to be godly.

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.”
 
 

 This is my little exercise friend, if it were any more laid back I would be laying on the floor and someone else would be moving my legs for me. (wait, is that possible? or is that physical therapy?)

3 comments: