Friday, June 20, 2014

help in the nic of time

.
    As my friend and I drove down the freeway one afternoon we noticed a truck in front of us. The driver had his arm sticking out the back window of the cab and he was keeping a large piece of cardboard from flying out the bed of his pickup. We saw it at the same time and remarked at how difficult it would be to keep the flopping piece of cardboard in that truck bed. No sooner had we commented on this when the wind caught the cardboard and sent it flying in the air! We both screamed as we saw it coming directly at us, it was like a great brown butterfly gracefully floating  in slow motion then it came straight at us and suctioned itself squarely on the windshield of our car.
   We could see nothing in front of us as we were going sixty miles an hour in the center lane of a major freeway, it was horrifying! Immediately I thought we were going to die. As my friend slowed a little I stuck my head out the window and slowly guided her to the side of the road, of course we were screaming the whole time, it was real female pandemonium. Once we were safely stopped the cardboard simply slid off the windshield and lay flat on the ground.
   Sometimes life is like this, we can be traveling down the road just fine, minding our own business and then we are hit by the unexpected.
    Seeking God’s help when I am in trouble is sadly not always my first reaction. I am thankful that no matter how I feel, God is my salvation and my stronghold; He will see me through every situation and preserve my life. We can all be sure that even in the midst of trouble we can still come out on top because He is right there with us to see us through to the other side.
    Psalm 138:7
   Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.


Since I don't have any photos of the actual event I thought I would down load a few photos just to give you an idea of how we reacted.
seeing the cardboard butterfly drifting toward us.

Carolyn's reaction, she was the driver.

what I looked like to the other drivers who noticed me with my head sticking out of the window.

When we both realized how close to "death by cardboard butterfly" we actually were.

3 comments:

  1. I needed you today. Thanks for playing hookie. I do have pictures on this and they are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that would be so freaky!! I loved the pictures... I can only imagine!

    ReplyDelete