Wednesday, June 4, 2014

God can handle it...

                                                       CASTING CARES

      How many times have I heard these verses? How many times have I recited them to friends and family only to fall back into the same old trap of doubt and unbelief? My area of greatest challenge is trusting God with my family. I have lost a lot of sleep over my children, much more than money or any other crisis that comes my way.
     It’s not that my kids are any trouble. On the contrary, I truly enjoy them and we are all very close, but growing up in a family where worry was just a part of the daily routine, I struggle to trust God completely.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you.

      To cast means to “Throw upon”, it indicates an extended projection, not to drop but to fling. We must fling our cares on the Lord, not just drop them at arm’s length making them easy to pick up again. This is what I usually do.

      Psalm 112 puts it perfectly, “Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in His commands. His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed. Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever. Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man. Good will comes to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice. Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.”

     I am constantly reminding myself that God is perfectly able to care for me and my family no matter what comes our way. I have often told my husband that if God was able to get me this far he is certainly able to take care of all of us. Lord knows I kept Him busy in my younger years, I’m the girl who bought the white bikini because it would be see through when wet (shameful, I know) and used to tell my mom we spilled pepper on the stove burner when she smelled strange smoke emanating through the house. (In case you are wondering, I have confessed this to my children and they aren't shocked about anything I tell them anymore) 
   We know that trials do come, sometimes hardships seem inevitable, but we do not have to fear them. Nothing shocks or surprises God, he can handle it all. So fling (far from you) those cares and worries on the one who is totally capable of caring for you, that is your heavenly Father.









 





1 comment:

  1. Love Ps 112. I was about to pray for my kids the other day and really just dump it all on the Lord and before i could even get started He gave me the verse, I will perfect those thing that concern you (I can't remember the address) and immediately it calmed my concern about my kids. And what I really loved about it was that He put my kids' names in there, like I will perfect those things that concern Miranda, etc. He is awesome like that:)

    ReplyDelete