Friday, June 27, 2014

I am wonder woman

I am Wonder Woman

Proverbs 31:10-31

  Have you ever wished you were more like the proverbs 31 woman?  She is, “the good woman that is so very hard to find.”, “the one whose husband trusts her without reserve and never has reason to regret.” She gets up early, sews the clothes, plants a garden, keeps her house neat and tidy, cooks the meals, shops for bargains, raises productive children, all while dressing beautifully and speaking wise, kind and worthwhile words.
  Sometimes the only part of this scripture I feel like I can relate with is “charm is misleading and beauty soon fades”. I’m not a morning person; I know my husband has had a few regrets and my children have not always been on their best behavior. The first time my oldest put her hands on her little four year old hips and used expletives with attitude was at a ladies Bible study, try graciously getting out of that one.
  I can also talk too much and to everyone. I cook like an amateur, sew like a five year old, I’m not very organized, I’ve never bought a field, and I've never  looked forward to hard work. I am actually quite brilliant at finding ways to avoid it.
There are things I can do though. I can pray for my family and kiss away a hurt; I can read a child’s mind by looking at the expression on their face.  I can distinguish a cry, I know quiet is not always as good as it sounds. I help mold attitudes, develop friendships and care for the broken hearted. I can squish a bug like the best of them and I have taught my husband to like burnt toast, pick up his dirty clothes and put the toilet seat down. I pretty much know where everything is and I have a super-sonic sense of smell. I am great at multitasking and yes, I have eyes in the back of my head!  
  Sometimes we get so busy trying to do our best at so many things that we don’t do anything well.  I believe the most important part of this scripture is “but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.”
We must trust Him to work things out, and just submit ourselves to his purpose. I believe that we can use these passages as a guideline for our lives, not to bring condemnation but to help us reach excellence in our daily walk as women.

  Philippians 4: 4-8, 13 says this, “Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all .The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praise worthy- think on these things.”

 Don't give up, be encouraged and always remember, vs. 13, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”

  Draw your strength from Jesus, he's got your back and your future.

I need a pair of pajamas with this on them.

1 comment:

  1. So I could say,"Love it" to all your posts because I love them:)

    ReplyDelete